Sit-on-Top Kayak Trips
Urban Currents kayak trips meet at 1900 The Exchange Building 400, Suite 450 Atlanta, 30339. We bus you up to Johnson’s Ferry river Access Point and you enjoy a 6-mile paddle which takes 2 hours at a fast pace or 4.5 hours if you simply float down the river. The average trip lasts 3.5 hours. Kayak trips leave twice a day, seven days a week at 9:00 am and 2:00 pm. Here is a GPS friendly address for where the Sit-On-Top Kayaking Trips Meet/Start from- 1900 The Exhcange Building 400, Suite 450 Atlanta. GA 30339
The 9:00 am and 2:00 pm starts are group starts and float at your own pace. These are not kayak instruction trips. However, the sit-on-top kayaks are very easy to handle and are very stable. They are geared toward people with zero kayaking experience, and these kayaks will make you feel like an expert almost immediately!
Urban Currents has 24 Single Person and 12 2-Person Kayaks are available per trip and the cost $38 per person. The Sit-On-Top Kayak rental fee includes the kayak, paddle, life jacket and your shuttle ride. Group rates are available for groups of 8 or more people.
There are three bridges that let you know where you are in your paddle
- The first bridge, Johnsons Ferry is immediately after you put in.
- The second bridge marks the approximate halfway point at I-285
- The third bridge is how you can tell you are at the end of your paddle, the I-75 bridge
The takeout is a well-marked concrete boat ramp 200 yards past the I-75 bridge on the right.
All kayak trips cost $38 per person - Click Here for Payment Options
- One or Two-person sit-on-top-kayak and a paddle.
- PFD (personal flotation device) or life jacket, this is a Coast Guard approved Type III PFD. We offer several different sizes for a custom fit.
- A shuttle in our clean bus back to the put-in.
- A completed waiver
- The ability to swim
- Payment is due in full before you can go kayaking. Click Here for Payment Options
- A filled out waiver
- Water or some other beverage to stay Hydrated
- river shoes (something that goes around the heel, preferably not flip-flops, old tennis shoes work well),
- a towel to dry off with you get off the water, a bathing suit
- A big smile!!!
- All participants must be at least five years old.
- All kayaking trips cost $38 per person. Payment is due in full before you can go kayaking. Click Here for Payment Options
- IMPORTANT! All participants must be able to swim for any Urban Currents activity.
- Pets are allowed if they have a life jacket.
- You are responsible for your gear.
- Paddle replacement is $50, life jacket $25
- The Chattahoochee’s current is slow where our trips are taken. To lose the gear on the Chattahoochee, one must literally stand there and watch their gear float away from them down the river at a slow pace.
- Pets not on a leash
- Illegal drugs
- Glass Containers (alcohol is legal, but Urban Currents does not condone drinking on the river)
- No Life Jacket (kids 12 and under must wear it – 13 and up must clip it to their kayak)