Introduction To Stand Up Paddle Boarding
Urban Currents Stand Up Paddle boarding adventures meet at the Cochran Shoals, Power Island River Access Point located at 1900 The Exhcange Building 400, Suite 450 Atlanta, GA 30339.
Class times are offered on Saturdays and Sundays on non-holiday weekends at:
- 9:00 am
- 12:00 pm
- 3:00 pm
Stand Up Paddle boarding adventures are offered at: 9:oo am, 12:00 pm and 3:00 pm on Saturdays and Sundays on non-holiday weekends. For an adventure to be scheduled we require a minimum of 5 people to be signed up and offer course sizes up to 14 people. Classes are set up for 1 guide per 7 people.
*Stand Up Paddle Board guides do get paid on gratuity and while it is not expected, it is still greatly appreciated
The Paddle Boarding River Adventure Will Start With Teaching the Following:
-Effective forward stroke, back stroke, sweep stroke, J-stroke.
-How to paddle forward, spin, stop, brace, turn, and move sideways
-Last but not least, everyone will have the opportunity to walk the nose of the board, just like surfing a wave on a long board!
This Stand Up Paddle board river adventure will cover all the above and more.
The two hour lesson is performed on the Stride Airlite HD, a soft-surfaced paddle board that can quickly transform into a kayak with an attachable seat. This aquatic experience will give you the feeling of walking on water!
About Stride Stand Up Paddle Boards:
- Stand up paddle board and paddle.
- PFD (personal flotation device) or life jacket, this is a Coast Guard approved Type III PFD. We offer several different sizes for a custom fit.
- A completed waiver
- The ability to swim
- Payment is due in full before you can go tubing. Click Here for Payment Options
- A filled out waiver
- Water or some other beverage to stay Hydrated
- river shoes (something that goes around the heel, preferably no flip-flops, old tennis shoes work well),
- a towel to dry off with you get off the water, a bathing suit
- A big smile!!!
- All participants must be at least 13 years old. People between the ages of 13-15 must accompanied by a participating adult.
- Stand Up Paddle boarding river adventures meet at the Cochran Shoals, Power Island River Access Point located at 5820 Interstate North Parkway, Sandy Springs, GA 30328
- All stand up paddle board river adventures cost $93.00 per person. Payment is due in full before you can go paddle boarding. Click Here for Payment Options
- Stand up paddle board guides do get paid on gratuity and while it is not expected, it is greatly appreciated
- IMPORTANT! All participants must be able to swim for any Urban Currents activity.
- Pets not on a leash
- Illegal drugs
- Glass Containers (alcohol is legal, but Urban Currents does not condone drinking on the river)
- No Life Jacket (kids 12 and under must wear it – 13 and up must clip it to their tube)